Living things characteristics
Living things- A living things pertains to any organism or a life form that possesses or shows the characteristics of life or being alive.
Living things move respond to stimuli reproduce and dependent on their environment
Living things need food water light temperatures within defined limits and oxygen.
How many kinds of living things are there?
Living things are divided into five kingdoms.
List of Living things
- Human beings
All living organisms share several key characteristics or functions.
Order, sensitivity or response to the environment reproduction, growth and development, regulation, homeo stasis, and energy processing.
Characteristics of living organisms:
Nutrition –All living things eat food .They all need nutrition .They take nutrition from their surroundings that they use for grow or to provide energy.
Respiration- Respiration is the release of energy from food substance in all living cells. Living things break down food within their cells to release energy for carrying out the following processes.
Movement- All living things move. The living things move one place to other place. Plants too move in various different ways. The plants movement may be so slow that it is very difficult to see.
Growth- Growth is seen in all living things. The permanent increase in cell number and size is called growth.
Reproduction- Reproduction is the process by which new living things are created, People, animals, Plants and even bacteria reproduce.
Sensitivity- The capacity of an organism or sense organ to respond to stimulation.
Difference between Living and non living things:
|Non living things
|Living things possess life.
|They do not possess life
|They are capable of giving birth to their young one.
|They do not reproduce.
|Living things are sensitive and responsive to stimuli.
|They are sensitive and responsive to stimuli.
|They grow and development.
|They do not grow and development.
|Living things move from one place to another.
|Non living things can’t move from one place to another.
|They respire and exchange of gases takes place in their cells.
|Non Living things do not respire.
|Plants, Humans, Birds, Fishes, Animals, etc.
|Stone, Pen, Mobile, cloths, etc.
Name of living things and scientific name:
|Capra aegagrus hircus
|Canis lupus familiaris
|Gallus gallus domesticus
Living things need oxygen. Almost all living things need oxygen. The living things take in oxygen and give out carbon dioxide in respiratory system.
But plants take in carbon dioxide and give out oxygen in respiratory system.
This all is a cycle of gases when the plants give out oxygen and take in carbon dioxide and then animals take in oxygen gas and give out carbon dioxide. It is continue in the life.
How to take in oxygen fish in the water:
Fish breathe with their gills and take in oxygen under water. They need constant supply oxygen. Gills sit under the operculum. This is called the gill slit. This gills is very important organ for fish. Many fish have four fairs of gills, while sharks may have to seven.
- E pass online apply for travelling bike and car
- pm kisan ka paisa kab milega Kisano ke bank khate me
- Coronavirus And Important things in our life
- Mahila Sashaktikaran Essay For children and Students
- Present perfect tense for children and students
- Present continuous tense for kids and students
- Full Form-Important full form for Students and Kids
- Voter Card Online Apply new and correction
- Daily use English sentences with Hindi
- Present Indefinite tense for children and students
- One Nation one Ration card in India Mera Ration
- Multiplication table 1 to 20
- Definitions for students and kids in easy way
- pf ka paisa kaise nikale- jane step by step
- Mudra Loan Apply Online For all Quickly
- Questions sentences in daily life for students
- How to write cursive writing in easy way for all
- Daily Use English Sentences For children and Students
- How to download aadhar card on mobile and pc
- English to Hindi sentence translation for kids and students