Sound wave characteristics
We hear sounds every day, from various sources like humans, bells, things, machines, birds, vehicles, electronics etc. sound is a form of energy which produces a sensation of hearing in our ears.
In this post we are going to learn how sound is produced and how it is transmitted through a medium and received by our ears.
How sound is produced?
Sound is produced when an object vibrates; it is creating a pressure wave. As the particles vibrate, they move nearby particles, transmitting the sound further through the medium. Our ear detects sound waves whenever vibrating air particles vibrate small parts within the ear. There are many way those things produce sound.
Take some things and set it free mode then you hit on this things. You will notice that the things are vibrating and produce sound. When we stop the vibrations then sound reduce.
Fill water in a beaker or a glass up to the brim. Generally it touch the water surface with one of the prongs of the vibrating tuning fork.
Next dip the prongs of the vibrating tuning fork in water; you observe what happens in both the cases.
Propagation of sound
Sound is produced by vibrating object. The matter or substance through which sound is transmitted is called a medium. There are many way. It can be solid, liquid or gas. The sound moves through a medium from the point of generation to the listener. We can hear sound because of medium.
When an object vibrates, it sets the particles of the medium around it vibrating. The particles do not travel all the way from the vibrating object to the ear. A particle of the medium in contact with the vibrating object is first displaced from its equilibrium position. It then exerts a force on the adjacent particle.
How to travel sound
Sound is a mechanical wave. It needs a medium to travel. It travels through air, water, steel, etc. It cannot travel through vacuum.
Characteristics of a sound wave
A sound wave in graphic from, which represents how density and pressure change when the sound wave moves in the medium. The density as well as the pressure of the medium at a given time varies with distance above, and below the average value of density and pressure.
Some important things of Sound wave characteristics
- Sounds reduce after produced and distance.
- It moves fast on solid.
- Megaphones or loudhailers, horns, musical instruments such as trumpets and Shehanais, are all designed to send sound in a particular direction without spreading it in all direction without spreading it in all directions.
- The audible range of sound for human beings extends form about 20 Hz to 20000 Hz.
- One Hz = one cycles
- Children under the age of five and some animals such as dogs can hear up to 25 kHz.
- 1 kHz = 1000 Hz
- SONAR-Sonar is a device that uses ultrasonic waves to measure the distance direction and speed of underwater object.
- Bats search out prey fly in dark night by emitting and detecting reflections of ultrasonic waves.
- Sound is produced due to vibration of different objects.
- In sound propagation, it is the energy of the sound that travels and not the particles of the medium.
- The amount of sound energy passing each second through unit area is called the intensity of sound.
- Living things characteristics For Kids and Students
- E pass online apply for travelling bike and car
- pm kisan ka paisa kab milega Kisano ke bank khate me
- Coronavirus And Important things in our life
- Mahila Sashaktikaran Essay For children and Students
- Present perfect tense for children and students
- Present continuous tense for kids and students
- Full Form-Important full form for Students and Kids
- Voter Card Online Apply new and correction
- Daily use English sentences with Hindi
- Present Indefinite tense for children and students
- One Nation one Ration card in India Mera Ration
- Multiplication table 1 to 20
- Definitions for students and kids in easy way
- pf ka paisa kaise nikale- jane step by step
- Mudra Loan Apply Online For all Quickly
- Questions sentences in daily life for students
- How to write cursive writing in easy way for all
- Daily Use English Sentences For children and Students
- How to download aadhar card on mobile and pc